Liebster Award & 11 Fascinating Facts



Special thanks to Wrathsqueen for nominating me for the Liebster Blog award--which recognizes small blogs like mine! 
(Hi, Erin!)
Rules


1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.

2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag. 

3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.

4. Tell them you've tagged them.

5. Remember, no tag backs.



11 Facts About Me

1.  Is there a book at the moment that you've heard about but unsure if you want to try it?
  
The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2). I read Forest of Hands and Teeth and loved it...until the end. I was so disappointed, that even tho I own the second book, I haven't picked it up yet. I'm told I'll love it, so I WILL read it at some point!

2. If you could only ever recommend one book to someone, what would it be and why?
Hunger Games. Even tho I was terribly disappointed by the ending, it was still such an experience to read that is so rare, I tell everyone about it. 

3. Do you have any irrational fears?
 
Opening refrigerated biscuits. Scares me to death because I don’t know when it will 'pop'. I usually have one of my kids do it. 

4. What is the most times you have re-read a book?
5 or 6. I love the Bronte sisters and have read their books over and over, along with regencies by Marion Chesney.

5. Favourite book to movie adaptation?
 Sense and Sensibility. That book is hard to read. The film is art. Haven't had any trouble with the other Austen books tho!

6. What is a quote you find inspiring?
Oscar Wilde has some of the best quotes ever. One of my favs: 

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.

7. Are there any fictional characters that you've fallen for?
 
I'm a weirdo in that Darcy doesn't really do it for me (Colin Firth is another thing altogether), but I've had so many book, TV, and film crushes, it's hard to pick just one. I guess one of my all time favs is Spike from Buffy. He was so deliciously mean, had an awesome accent, and had all the best jokes.

8. When you're browsing for books, what makes you pick one book over another?
Covers. I'm highly influenced by the cover art.

9. Which genre would you like to live in: dystopian, paranormal, historical or just contemporary?
Historical--I love history in general, so would love to time-travel backwards...with a first aid kit. LOL

10. If you could talk to ANY author, current or from history, who would it be?
I really should say Shakespeare, but I'd rather pick Marion Chesney's brain. She's written light regencies that are hilarious yet poignant. I own every regency she's ever written and reread them over and over. 

11. Favourite fairytale?
 
The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. It's beautiful and haunting without being corrupted by Disney (yet).

My nominations for The Liebster Award (I cheated and did 5):

Dawn Chartier  

Hope you can play by answering the questions I did!

Comments

  1. Hey Bella! Great answers! I haven't read any Marion Chesney books but think I may not have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a bit older. She writes mysteries now. But I just adore them for lighthearted romances :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the loop--two NEW RELEASES!

Start The Year Off Easy With No Strings Attached

No Strings Attached G!veaway Hop!