Author Megan S. Johnston Talks Transition



Welcome, Megan! Tell us a little about your writing journey and your latest project!

I believe Transition, The Chimera Hunters Series, is more character driven than plot driven. 

The characters have been a figment of my imagination for over ten years. I was to busy running our family business and taking care of children to stop, and do something I longed to do for over twenty years. My mother loved to write, however she was never published. I believe this is where I originally gained my passion for writing. Of course there were short stories here and there, but nothing I would have wanted published. 

In November 2009 a very close family friend died tragically. I re-evaluated my life. You never know when something as precious as a loved one will be taken away so suddenly. A week after his funeral, I decided, if I did anything else in my life, I was going to write. So I did... and I haven't stopped.

I now juggle crafting my fictional characters, marketing, running our family business and taking care of my family, which, by no means is small. I have four children and seven grandchildren. Which they are at my home, sometimes more than theirs. Oh I forgot to mention, my two playful boxers. 
My first rough draft took me eight months to complete and was written in first person. And, was a terrible mess. In August of 2010 I went to the PNWA conference and listened to other accomplished authors, editors, agents and publishers. I learned a great deal. I came home completely rejuvenated and re-wrote the novel in third person. It's true, you tend to write in the point of view that you enjoy reading.

It took me a while, but toward the end I decided to self-publish rather than seek out an agent or publisher. My reasons? There are many.

As you know, there are many steps you take from beginning your novel, to the actual publication. My steps took me two and a half years, almost to the date.
About Transition, Book One in the Chimera Series:
The Chimera are a race so old, the humans relegated them as a myth. The Gods feared the Chimeras’ powers; they believed they were a deadly race, with physical abilities beyond belief. So, they split their race in half condemning them to wander the earth, searching for their other half to be complete.
Without their sodalis, each was destined to live life without dreams, without love, without hope. The future rested on finding their one true mate for life.

SHELBY O’NEIL has led a solitary life with her parents. So when she goes to school at Washington State University, she believes her life has just begun. Now in her second year, the dreams begin. She dreams with the same man, night after night for months. When her dream world becomes her reality, and her life becomes a danger zone, she quickly learns to trust the one man who has thrown her into this new and dangerous world.


DEVELON COLE is Chimera and his race has been on earth as long as humans. His people were desperate to find their one true mate for life, and Develon had just found his, in the small college town of Pullman Washington. His goal was to protect her against the hunter’s and guide her into who she was always destined to be, his sodalis, his mate.

Get Transition for Kindle here.

Visit Megan as t her website and blog, Connect with her at Facebook and on Twitter.

Thanks for stopping by, Megan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing the loop--two NEW RELEASES!

Start The Year Off Easy With No Strings Attached

No Strings Attached G!veaway Hop!